LeanWerks, a growing Utah-based precision manufacturing and engineering company, is looking for Apprentice Machinists who will support production manufacturing and has the potential to grow.
The successful candidate will have mechanical aptitude, good visual/special abilities, basic math skill with ability and desire to learn trigonometry, a great work ethic, and most importantly be passionate about manufacturing. A deep sense of responsibility, resourcefulness, and good listening skills are essential.
This opportunity includes the following responsibilities:
- Apprenticeship participation:
- Follow and learn from your assigned mentor
- Enroll and complete OWATC or DATC machinist apprentice classwork
- Run CNC machines to produce precision products:
- Monitor machine performance and take appropriate countermeasures.
- Measure and record part features
- Change worn tools
- Make appropriate machine offsets
- Load and unload parts
- Perform standard cellular team duties:
- Total productive maintenance standards
- 6S (workplace safety and organization) routines
- Report out participation – improvement initiatives
- Collaborate on development of standards and techniques to be followed in production
- Grow and improve through LeanWerks apprenticeship program
We offer a can-do, engineering culture, with projects in the aerospace, defense, energy, and consumer products industries with customers from Utah to Canada and Mexico. LeanWerks offers very competitive compensation/benefits that include; profit sharing plan, health insurance, 401(k) plan, and education reimbursement. Swing and weekend shifts are available.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Alexis Jackson at email@example.com and reference the “Apprentice Machinist” opportunity.
- CNC Machining 3, 4, 5 axis milling
- Lived tooled turning
- Multitasking (11-axis)
- Hard Turning/Milling
- Machined Castings
- Machined Forgings
- Induction Brazing
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Process Engineering
- AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 Certification by NSF-ISR
- Top Shop: HR Practices –
Modern Machine Shop 2015
- Technology Award: Business/Culture
Practices – AMT/NTMA 2015
- Best of State: Precision Manufacturing –
- Utah 100 – Mountain West Capital
- Emerging Elite – Mountain West Capital
Purchase Order Quality
Review the requirements that apply to LeanWerks’ purchase orders
Careers at LeanWerks
Check out our current job postings
Request for Quote
Send us your technical data
Click here to send us your RFQ.
2767 Industrial Drive
Ogden, Utah 84401